Terms and Conditions of Use
- “API” means an application programming interface provided by the Virtual Monetary Authority (“VMA”) on the Website;
- “Information” includes any and all information, data, contents, materials and software programmes (and in whatever form) available on or through, subsisting in or used in, the Website from time to time;
- “Loss” means direct or indirect loss, destruction or damage (including without limitation incidental or consequential loss, destruction or damage, or loss of data, income or profit), expenses, costs (including legal costs) or liabilities;
- “Website” means collectively, the VMA’s website (www.happycrew.ga), its pages and parts, in desktop computer, tablet and mobile phone versions.
- In these Terms and Conditions of Use, unless the context otherwise requires, the singular includes the plural and vice versa.
- In consideration of the VMA providing access to the Information, by accessing or using or linking to the Website or accessing or using an API or its contents, you are deemed to have unconditionally accepted the Terms. Note that apart from these Terms and Conditions of Use, the access, use of and link to certain pages or parts of the Website is subject to additional terms and conditions available thereon, and by accessing, using or linking to such pages or parts of the Website, you are deemed to have unconditionally accepted such additional terms and conditions. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THE TERMS, PLEASE EXIT AND DO NOT USE OR LINK TO THE WEBSITE OR THE RELEVANT PAGE OR PART OF THE WEBSITE OR ACCESS OR USE AN API (AS THE CASE MAY BE).
- If you access or use the Website or an API, or link to the Website, on behalf of an entity, you represent and warrant that you have authority to unconditionally accept the Terms on behalf of that entity and to bind that entity to the Terms (and the reference to “you” in the Terms shall refer to that entity).
- You shall not interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Website, the APIs or the servers or networks providing the Website or the APIs, or tamper with the Information. You shall not transmit, inject or introduce to the Website or the APIs any virus, worm, Trojan horse or any other code or software that is harmful, of a malicious nature, or may or is intended to damage the operation of, monitor the use of, or permit unauthorised access to, the Website, the APIs or any hardware, software, or equipment of the VMA.
Intellectual Property Rights
- The VMA owns the Website and its entire contents, features and functionality, which are protected by copyright and other forms of intellectual property / proprietary rights. Unless otherwise stated, the VMA is the owner of the copyright and any other intellectual property right of the Information and the APIs.
- The Information is provided on an “AS IS” basis and for reference only, and an API is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis only. No statement, representation or warranty of any kind is given by the VMA, whether express or implied, including as to the accuracy, correctness, completeness, title, non-infringement, reliability, security, timeliness and appropriateness of the Information or an API for the use in any particular circumstances, or that the Website, the server(s) and any API are and will be uninterrupted or free of viruses and/or other harmful elements, or the continued availability of the Website, any Information or API.
- Nothing on the Website (including any Information, whether provided through the APIs or otherwise) constitutes legal, financial or other professional advice. You should conduct your own enquiries to verify the Information before using it and seek professional advice as you consider necessary.
- The VMA shall not be liable for any errors, omissions, misstatements or misrepresentations (express or implied) concerning any Information or any aspect of the Website or an API. The VMA shall not have or accept any liability, obligation or responsibility whatsoever for any Loss howsoever arising from or in respect of any use or misuse of or reliance on the Website, the Information and/or APIs, any interruption or inability to access or use the Website, the Information and/or APIs, or any transmission from you to the VMA or vice versa over the Internet, whether in contract, tort, breach of statutory duty or otherwise. Access to and use of the Website, the APIs and the Information are entirely at your own risk.
- The VMA reserves the right, but does not undertake, to revise, modify or update the Website and/or the Information and/or release updated versions of an API from time to time, which may be done without any notice. The VMA also reserves the right to revise, omit, edit, suspend or terminate the provision of the Information to any person, or to block access from a particular Internet Protocol (IP) address to the Website or the APIs, at any time in its absolute discretion without giving any reason or prior notice whatsoever.
- The VMA may discontinue the provision of any Information or API without any notice.
Use of Information / Linking to the Website
- Save as otherwise specifically allowed by the Terms, you may only, for non-commercial purposes, display, download, reproduce, and print in its original format the Information on the Website or link to the Website on condition that:
- such use, reproduction and/or distribution of the Information and linking to the Website shall be subject to the Terms and your compliance with all applicable laws and regulations;
- the Information must be reproduced accurately without any modification;
- you shall give proper attribution to the VMA and the Website by identifying clearly the source of the Information, and acknowledge the VMA’s ownership of the intellectual property rights in the Information and in all its copies (in whatever form or medium);
- you shall indemnify the VMA against all allegations or claims of infringement of the rights of any person and all Loss incurred by the VMA, which in any case arise directly or indirectly in relation to your use, reproduction and/or distribution of the Information and/or linking to the Website; and
- at the request of the VMA, you shall forthwith destroy any copy of the Information (in whatever form or medium) in your possession or control and/or remove any link to the Website.
- The VMA’s prior written consent is required for linking to the Website or the use of the Information owned by the VMA for any purpose or in any way which is not permitted under paragraph 12 above. Any enquiry or request for consent should be addressed to the VMA via email at [email protected].
- The permission given under paragraph 12 above does not extend to any material on linked websites or any content on the Website the copyright of which belongs to a third party. Authorisation or permission to use such materials and/or contents would need to be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
- You shall not use the VMA’s name, trademarks or logos in a way from which a connection or affiliation with the VMA can reasonably be inferred or implied, or use the Information or link to the Website in a manner that gives any impression that you or the host website is sponsored or endorsed by the VMA, without the prior written consent from the VMA.
Linked Information and other Third-Party Websites
- The Website contains links to third party websites, which are provided for convenience only. The VMA does not sponsor or endorse such third parties or their websites, and the VMA and the Website shall not be deemed to be part of, or associated or affiliated in whatever manner with, any such third parties or their websites (or any aspect thereof). The VMA is not responsible for, and does not give any representation or warranty of any kind (whether express or implied) with respect to, such third parties or their websites, or the contents or any other aspect of such third party websites. The VMA shall not be liable for any Loss howsoever arising from or in respect of any access to, use or misuse of or reliance on those websites, or any interruption or inability to access or use those websites. Use of the links and access to and use of the linked websites are entirely at your own risk, and you are responsible for complying with any terms and conditions of use of such websites.
Additional terms on use of APIs
- Certain Information may be accessed through an API, and all such Information made available through the API is subject to the Terms. You may use the APIs to develop, whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes, a software, application, website, system or service to search, display, analyse, retrieve, view and otherwise obtain such Information, on the same conditions as set out in subparagraphs 12(a) to 12(e) above and the following conditions:
- such use of the APIs shall be subject to the Terms and your compliance with all applicable laws and regulations;
- you shall require end-users of your software, applications, websites, systems or services to comply with (and not knowingly enable them to violate) the Terms and applicable law and regulations;
- at the request of the VMA, you shall forthwith stop any use of the APIs.
- You agree that the VMA may monitor use of the APIs for various purposes, including but not limited to service improvement, verification of compliance with the Terms, and security-related purposes. You will not interfere with this monitoring.
- Without prejudice to paragraph 12 above, you shall indemnify the VMA against all Loss in relation to any claim made by a third party against the VMA arising directly or indirectly from a third party’s use of any of your software, applications, websites, systems or services that use the APIs.
- The VMA does not accept liability, obligation or responsibility for any Information once it has been released via APIs.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- The Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (“Hong Kong”) and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong courts.
Rights of Third Parties
- You agree that nothing in the Terms confers or purports to confer on any third party any benefit or any right to enforce any of the Terms pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance (Chapter 623 of the Laws of Hong Kong).
- The Terms may be amended from time to time by the VMA without any notice. Accessing or using or linking to the Website or using an API or its contents after any such amendments constitutes acceptance of such amendments. Please check the Terms regularly for any amendments which may be made.
- The English version of the Terms shall prevail in the event of a conflict with other language versions.
- All rights are reserved by the VMA, including the right to terminate the Terms with you.